Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Style: Using Inspiration Photos when Pregnant

I have a Pinterest board full of outfit inspiration photos that I am just waiting to try, but that is a bit of a challenge when I'm pregnant! It seems like every other day I try something on and "Oh look! Here's another one for the closet shelf that I won't be wearing again until November!" I know I'm lucky that I do have a lot that still fits though. I know some women have to buy a whole maternity wardrobe while I am able to make a lot of what I already have work for a while. So, to make it more fun, the last time we were home I tried to make outfits with as many of my inspiration photos as possible. Here are the results:

I took this inspiration photo in the window of Franchesca's. I loved the pastel colors with the cream and camel brown. For my version I paired a lavender maternity top with a blush pink cami and necklace. Sadly, my camel brown belt no longer fits so I went with the gold from the buckle instead.
Tee - Target (maternity)
Tank - Aeropostale
Skirt - Vanity
Necklace - Charlotte Russe
Belt - Forever 21
Shoes - Payless

I've had this one on deck for quite some time and you may see the color pairing again in the future. I was going to visit my grandparents at the nursing home (where my grandpa has the heat on in summer) so I wanted to keep things as cool as possible and thus went with a tank that did not need layering and earrings in turquoise instead of a necklace. I also have a bracelet on in that color which is hard to see in the pic but that ties it all together.
Tank: JC Penny
Skirt - Target
Earrings - Flea market
Bracelet/ Flip Flops - Payless


I originally pinned this after I bought a navy dress, but I liked the colors together so much that I decided to wear this version for church, but you may see this color pairing again as well!
Tee - Kohl's
Skirt - altered
Necklace - Beall's Outlet
Belt - Vanity
Shoes - Payless 

I got a compliment from a teenager working behind the Chick-fil-A counter on this outfit. It is quite possible that she was only being nice so I don't really flatter myself but it took me by surprise! I really love the chambray shirt trend and you will definitely be seeing more outfits with them from me in the future. I didn't go so much with the colors on this one, as the concept: denim shirt, floral skirt, big necklace in complementing colors.
Shirt: Altered
Skirt - Old Navy
Necklace - Gift
Belt - Target
Shoes - Payless

I didn't actually plan this one after the picture but it must have been in the back of my mind somewhere. I will be doing this one again with yellow!
Shirt - Wal-mart
Tank - Kohl's (maternity)
Skirt - Target (maternity)
Necklace - Gift
Belt - Body Central
Shoes - Rack Room Shoes









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!